Business Development Manager – Large Scale Conference & Exhibitions
Based in Singapore – relocators please apply
Up to SG5,000 Per Month + Uncapped Commission
Join an international, market leading commercial conference & events business in their established & successful Singapore office.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be targeted to sell exhibition and sponsorship opportunities on one of our clients most exciting large scale events. This B2B event has a rich history of success and attracts a senior international audience. The event has evolved year on year, next year looks the best yet - looking to attract close to 1000 attendees, the exhibition & sponsorship revenue is high.
We are looking for a bright, ambitions, driven and enthusiastic sales person to join the business development team and drive revenues across sponsorship & exhibition sales.
The role involves:
- Re booking & upselling existing clients
- Cross selling across other events in the division
- Responding to inbound leads
- Identifying & securing new clients
- Developing & closing sales
- Develop & close business over the telephone & face to face in meetings (client meetings are encouraged)
- You will have ownership, responsibility and autonomy in this position
- Working to revenue targets
- Working as part of a wider events team and with external stakeholders.
- A graduate with a 2:1 or 1st (or equivalent)
- 1-2 years B2B sales experience, ideally in Sponsorship sales but a background in recruitment, IT sales, ad sales etc would be considered. What is important is to find someone who understands how to sell, can work through a sales process, is professional and can develop great long term business relationships. It is also important to find someone who is at the early stages of their career and can grow their career within the company.
- You must be comfortable developing business over the phone and face to face with clients. Confident booking and leading meetings with high profile tech firms, consultancies or other service providers. You will have international sales trips.
- Confident managing existing accounts & developing new business
- Able to work on your own initiative and take on responsibility.
- Inquisitive and curious, enjoy research and new learning
- Great writing skills – professional & creative writing skills
Why apply for this job and live in Singapore?
- Our client offers a great working environment with plenty of opportunities for career development (internationally). They offer a competitive commission plan, supportive culture and management team and on going training. They do lots as a team and have fun working together.
- Top performers earn in excess of SG50k in commission.
- Singapore is one of the easiest place in the World to live, It is hot all year round, the tax rate is low and everything is super efficient. With the rest of Asia on your doorstep you have the opportunity to take lots of amazing holidays. Singapore is a young, vibrant and cosmopolitan city.
Please contact Helen@jbrecruitment.co.uk at Jackson Barnes Recruitment for more information on this or other similar positions.
Please take a look at our website for details on some of the other jobs we are recruiting for www.jbrecruitment.co.uk
Jackson Barnes Recruitment deliver international recruitment solutions within the events, media and publishing sectors. Working with commercial and not for profit organisations and institutions. Jackson Barnes place from Graduate up to MD level in the following positions:
• Researchers • Conference producers • Event Marketing professionals • Sales professionals – delegate, sponsorship and Business Development • Event Managers • Editors
We recruit for organisations in UK and overseas with success in London, Dubai, New York, Singapore and Australia.