Event Coordinator – Global Conferences & Events
London & Overseas Travel
This established award winning organisation provides independent intelligence, professional development and networking opportunities to a niche sector of the global business world. The events team create large-scale events, awards ceremonies, mid-sized forums and a significant number of small meetings which are held in the US, Europe, Australia and South-East Asia and the portfolio of events is expanding.
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for organising a series of summits and meetings globally, as well as supporting some of the large conferences. The event formats include: Roundtables, Summits, Congresses, Forums and awards. The Event Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Delegate acquisition – Working closely with the sponsorship team to invite and recruit high profile attendees for a series of roundtables for 15-30 people globally.
- Delegate management – Managing all delegate communications, attendance, badging and registration for assigned events.
- Print, design and digital – Producing the event app for your events
- Budget management
- Logistics – Couriers, travel planning, accommodation, hotel negotiations Venues – Finding, contract negotiations, liaison etc.
- Website - Ensure all partner logos are uploaded to correct web page
- On site on the day– with the Event Managers you will manage staff, suppliers and delegates on site, responsible for the customer experience and health & safety. Travel is required.
- Working with the appropriate internal stakeholders to ensure the events are delivered to a high standard ensuring all elements are covered.
- The Event Coordinator will be organising high profile conferences & events, the audience are senior level business professionals (many are members) so our client feels you will need at least 1 years’ experience as an event manager or B2B event logistics professional to be successful in this role.
- You will be looking to work in a high energy & growing commercial events organisation.
- The events coordinator will be highly organised, a fabulous multi tasker with great time management skills.
- Have excellent negotiation & interpersonal skills and a common-sense approach.
- The Event Coordinator must have measured and mature communication & telephone skills.
- Foresight on the hazards and pitfalls of event planning, experience in identifying potential problems and planning for contingencies.
- You will be calm and organised when working to deadlines.
- Confident liaising with high level professionals
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Positive and proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude
Please contact Helen@jbrecruitment.co.uk at Jackson Barnes Recruitment for more information on this or other similar positions.
Please take a look at our website for details on some of the other jobs we are recruiting for www.jbrecruitment.co.uk
Jackson Barnes Recruitment deliver international recruitment solutions within the events, media and publishing sectors. Working with commercial and not for profit organisations and institutions. Jackson Barnes place from Graduate up to MD level in the following positions:
• Conference producers
• Event Marketing professionals
• Sales professionals – delegate, sponsorship and Business Development
• Event Managers
We recruit for organisations in UK and overseas with success in London, Dubai, New York, Singapore and Australia.