Senior Operations Manager – Large Scale International Events
London & International Travel
Base to £35K + Bonus + Great Benefits inc 25 days holiday
The Senior Operations Manager will take the lead on a number of high profile international B2B events, managing the delivery of the events from start to finish. This position also has people management responsibilities. The environment is fast paced, varied and challenging and would best suit an ambitious creative, self-motivated and confident professional who is looking for a challenging operations position in commercial events.
Responsible for the operations strategy & delivery of 9 events a year with an annual revenue over £6 million, looking after a cost budget of over £2 million. The events range from standard conferences to the largest flag ship event of 2000 delegates and 100 exhibition stands.
- As the Senior Operations manager; you will lead, manage, deliver the event from start to finish including onsite delivery.
- Take responsibility for creating, designing and delivering strategies for your events; taking responsibility for cost, time lines and resources.
- Meet with & communicate the operational delivery plan to the team & stakeholders
- Team Management - ensure they understand & have ownership of their responsibilities. Responsible for the management, development and recruitment of your team.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders & professionals to ensure the event exceeds the customer expectations
- Working with production, Sales & Marketing teams to design & deliver the customer journey
- Accountable for Health & Safety pre and onsite for the events
- Organise & manage event debrief & evaluation
- Research and identify products & services which will enhance & improve the events
- Events - You will have worked successfully on international conference & exhibitions and have a proven track record of delivering world class events in the B2B space
- Management - Experience in managing, motivating and empowering teams; identifying opportunities for personnel development to enhance career progression
- Team working - successfully working with internal stakeholders & external partners
- Ideas & Creativity - Experience of developing and delivering new ideas
- Strategy - The ability to help create and amend short and medium term strategies
- Financial & analytical skills - strong track record of managing, reporting, forecasting and budgeting across multiple events and business plans
- Exhibitions - Experience in designing, building and construction of exhibitions including strong floorplan management
We are looking for a Senior Operations Manager who is:
- An excellent communicator, strong team player, highly organised, great time manager, self motivated and driven.
- Can work in a corporate environment; team player, process driven & can meet deadlines
- Has worked on; exhibitions, conferences, large scale events, UK & International events
- Shows; consistency, confidence, positivity, creativity, flexibility & understanding
Please contact Helen@jbrecruitment.co.uk at Jackson Barnes Recruitment for more information on this or other similar positions.
Please take a look at our website for details on some of the other jobs we are recruiting for www.jbrecruitment.co.uk
Jackson Barnes Recruitment deliver international recruitment solutions within the events, media and publishing sectors. Working with commercial and not for profit organisations and institutions. Jackson Barnes place from Graduate up to MD level in the following positions: • Researchers • Conference producers • Event Marketing professionals • Sales professionals – delegate, sponsorship and Business Development • Event Managers • Editors We recruit for organisations in UK and overseas with success in London, Dubai, New York, Singapore and Australia.