Business Development Manager
Large Scale Business Conferences & Exhibitions
Based in Central London + Travel
Base salary up to £30,000 + Uncapped Commission
Jackson Barnes Recruitment are recruiting a Graduate with 1-2 years Sales / Business Development experience to join a high profile independently owned international conference & events business. Our client has been successfully delivering high level B2B events for over 20 years, they have an ambitious and very supportive culture and offer excellent long term (UK & International) career opportunities for ambitious graduates.
The London office are hiring an additional Business Development Manager to join their large scale events team and sell both sponsorship & exhibition space for well known, innovative and rather cool business events. The topics covered in the events include; technology, innovation, HR, marketing etc
This Business Development Opportunity is a great opportunity for an ambitious & enthusiastic sales professional who has the drive to build business relationships with senior professionals.
- Essentially, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving revenues across sponsorship & exhibition sales for a portfolio of high profile big events. These events are held in the UK and overseas.
- You will be selling in a consultative & professional manner to key decision makers / C level contacts in corporate organisations. Our client doesn’t manage via KPI’s, they are interested in your ability to research, discuss and develop an understanding of the businesses you talk with. Sales will come if you work hard to identify client needs, find the right solutions and manage the sales process.
- You will be working with an established global brand and benefit from a strong database of existing contacts and a great marketing team who support the sales division to generate new contacts.
- A large part of the position will be to identify and capitalise on new opportunities to generate revenue at the events - identifying new occasions for sponsorship investment to take place
- You will be working with a strong team to achieve and exceed your revenue targets
- You will attend the events so travel will be part of your role
- You will be educated to degree level, 2:1 or 1st degree
- You must have business development / B2B sales experience gained within commercial B2B business environment - ideally event sales, IT solution sales, Recruitment or even high level media sales.
- You must understand the sales process and be motivated to adapt your knowledge to this sales environment
- Have an interest in business and enjoy learning new information
- Excellent communication skills, face to face and over the phone
- Excellent at developing business relationships and understanding client needs
- Strong at initiating new business with new clients & comfortable working with new products & services
- You will be pro-active in your approach to selling, persuasive & confident
- You must be hard working, committed and a team player
You will benefit from;
- A generous and market leading commission structure
- Excellent & long term training, support and guidance to further your career
- International travel
- Working with a great team who are supportive, social and are ambitious & professional
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at Jackson Barnes Recruitment for more information on this or other similar positions.
Please take a look at our website for details on some of the other jobs we are recruiting for www.jbrecruitment.co.uk Jackson Barnes Recruitment deliver international recruitment solutions within the events, media and publishing sectors. Working with commercial and not for profit organisations and institutions. Jackson Barnes place from Graduate up to MD level in the following positions: • Researchers • Conference producers • Event Marketing professionals • Sales professionals – delegate, sponsorship and Business Development • Event Managers • Editors
We recruit for organisations in UK and overseas with success in London, Dubai, New York, Singapore and Australia.