Managing Director - Conferences
New York, US
The Managing Director will assume comprehensive leadership and management responsibility for the business, including business development, strategic plan development and implementation, and P&L responsibility. As a leader, the Managing Director will spend at least half of his/her time on conference development. This includes monitoring trends and developments across targeted industries, identifying growth opportunities and directing the strategic development and production of leading edge conferences.
In addition, the Managing Director will assume a key leadership and strategic role on the senior management team. The Managing Director must be practical and “hands-on” professional who is comfortable with the dynamics of privately held corporations. The Managing Director will interact regularly with the senior management team regarding business development and business performance.
Product Development & Management
· Monitor trends and developments across targeted industries.
· Identify growth opportunities.
· Direct strategic development of leading edge conferences, with timely relevant programs.
· Increase revenues by developing existing business categories to their full potential while continually working to identify and grow new business categories.
· Use networking skills to develop new business and increase revenue in key vertical markets.
· Build and maintain working relationships with industry leaders, senior executives and media in targeted vertical markets.
· Stay abreast of trends by reading relevant publications and monitor direct and indirect competitive activity.
· Evaluate the performance, processes, structure and design of the production and events departments.
· Adhere to the performance management process including recruitment, training, career development, and annual employee evaluations within corporate guidelines.
· Responsible for P&L.
· Responsible for increasing revenue and improving the overall profitability of business
· Review monthly financial reports and investigate exceptions; make recommendations for cost control, operational efficiencies and performance improvements.
· Prepare written report and respond to monthly financial results for review by senior management; provide explanation for performance against all critical success factors of business, including current and future conference production targets and corresponding action plans to address challenges and deficiencies to ensure production and profit targets are met.
· Update and review strategic development goals.
· Participate in the annual business planning process and the development of the strategic plan under the direction of the Executive Vice President and VP of Operations.
· Execute business plan in accordance with critical corporate objectives; report on progression, execution and achievement of goals.
· Manages the brand
· Attracts, develops, retains and leverages talent
· Takes accountability
· Manages change
· Implements strategic direction
· Fiscal management
· Is an entrepreneur
· Communicates effectively
Education: Minimum of 5 years senior management experience or 10 years business experience. MBA preferred.
Please contact Helen@jbrecruitment.co.uk at Jackson Barnes Recruitment for more information on this or other similar positions.
Please take a look at our website for details on some of the other jobs we are recruiting for www.jbrecruitment.co.uk
Jackson Barnes Recruitment deliver international recruitment solutions within the events, media and publishing sectors. Working with commercial and not for profit organisations and institutions. Jackson Barnes place from Graduate up to MD level in the following positions:
• Conference producers
• Event Marketing professionals
• Sales professionals – delegate, sponsorship and Business Development
• Event Managers
We recruit for organisations in UK and overseas with success in London, Dubai, New York, Singapore and Australia.